Beginning May 5th, Immanuel Baptist Church will offer a Sunday morning class for individuals who are new to the church and young in their faith. The Foundations class is a great place to begin learning about the Christian faith and exploring what the Bible has to say about your relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
Our intentions are to walk alongside one another through this study, sharing the lessons we’ve learned and growing mature believers in Christ. Our hope is that we strengthen the biblical literacy of others, equipping and encouraging them to take what they have learned and pass it along to others.
A few of the topics and questions that will be covered:
- Salvation – Recognizing who Jesus is and who we are in Him. So, what is the good news, bad news, and great news!
- Eternal Security – Once a Christian, you are eternally secure in your salvation. But what if you commit a sin, are you still saved?
- Baptism & Communion – The two ordinances of the church, as ordained by Christ as a memorial to His life and sacrifice. Why are these important to the Christian faith?
- The Word of God – The Bible is the inerrant word of God. Why is that important? Why is it called the Word of God?
- Evangelism – In Matthew 28, Jesus commands us to make disciples. What does it mean to evangelize in the Christian faith?
We look forward to providing this engaging class to cover these deep, important questions and more! Cost: $10 for the book, Foundations: Bible Truths for Christian Growth