Connect is the new buzzword. People want to connect with others – need to connect with others. It can be a challenge, though – time, distance, fear. Insecurities rise up and we may end up as a silo – connecting with no one. We are thrilled to offer Connect – Summer Lite for women. It was designed with you in mind! Our desire is to connect women at IBC (and in the community)
over interests and talents; however, our foundation is to remain missional. Although this is not a Bible or book study, we will be touching on spiritual truths. We encourage you to plug into one of the summer Bible studies and, if time permits, supplement with Connect.
Connect is a gathering of women who want to use their talents and interests to be missional and relational in their own community. It’s women doing life together filtered through the Christian mind – sharing our motivation as Christians.
We’ll be discussing fun topics like:
- 6/4 Coffee Shops (Maggie Haines & Kathleen Ober) – Why do millennials love coffee shops? Women connect with women over a good cup of coffee. Discover some new spots to connect.
- 7/2 Bullet Journaling (Amy Haines) – What is all the rage about bujo? Find out how Bullet Journaling can change your perspective on life. Sample some journals and learn how this new perspective can add depth and roundness to your schedule.
- 7/16 Personal Discipline (Dawn Waugh) – Dawn shares her transformational journey from chaos to a disciplined life as she expounds on the foundational changes that rocked her world.
- 8/6 Emotional Health (Maggie Haines) – Tiptoe across the topics covered in the book, Emotionally Healthy Spirituality. No need to read the book – Maggie has already done that and is ready to share. The author focuses on embracing God-given emotions as believers seek to live biblically in today’s world. You won’t want to miss this one!
- 8/13 Technology (Maggie Haines) – Don’t you just love finding new apps and resources? Come for a time of sharing and gathering new ideas from smartphone apps, computer resources, and great podcasts. Even if you’re not tech-savvy, just come. Life can be busy so use resources to maximize the time you have for the glory of God.
- 8/27 Looking Ahead (Amy & Maggie Haines) – Women are setting their fall calendars and family activities. Tune in for some devotional help, timesaving ideas, and all-around super thoughts. Women, children, families – we’re making it all work. How to keep God center and life in balance.
We are trusting you will walk away refreshed, energized, and with some strategies to share what you’ve learned with women in your communities. If you are unsure about some of these subjects, just come and learn something new. Women, girls, teens, and students are all welcome! We want to learn from you.
This is the perfect opportunity to bring a friend or neighbor – pick up a Connect flyer by the church entrances to invite others. You are going to LOVE connecting with new friends and old acquaintances. We’re counting the days until our first meeting and can’t wait to see you there!
Let us know if you are coming, but feel free to join us last minute.
Amy and Maggie Haines
PREPARING FOR SUNDAY
We All Need Help
Pastor Mike Srisam-ang
Sunday, May 27 @ 6:30 PM
Come out and support the IBC men’s softball team on Monday, June 4 at 8:40 PM at Henderson Field #1 as they play St. Giles Presbyterian. City Rain Line (804) 646-0751
Host Families / August 2-11, 2018
Looking for American host homes for 12 Chinese children, (male and female, ages 8 to 16) from Weifang, Shangdong Province. The children will be attending a summer camp
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM each day in town.
If you can provide a place to sleep, breakfast and dinner during their stay, transportation to and from camp, then contact Kelly Ober, firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you graduating?
Immanuel will honor church attenders graduating from high school, college, or graduate school on Sunday, June 10th. Register online Deadline to register is June 6.
Seeing Christ in the Minor Prophets: Habakkuk & Haggai
Tuesdays, 6 – 7:00 PM
June 5 – July 24
Home of Alyssa Evans – Southside
Philemon: Living in Redemptive Community
Tuesdays 6:30 – 8 PM
August 7 – August 28
Home of Sarah Feiler – East End
Finding I Am
Lysa TerKeurst – The seven I AM statements of Jesus found in the Gospel of John.
(Study Guide Cost – $10.00)
Thursdays, 7 – 8:30 PM
June 7 – July 19
Home of Barb Sommers – West End
Further questions can be directed to email@example.com
or to the leader of each study.
Select Mondays, 7 – 8:30 PM
Mizpah Room 107
Connect and deepen relationships with women in the church and allow visitors to see life filtered through women who love God.
• 6/4 Coffee Shops
• 7/2 Bullet Journaling
• 7/16 Personal Discipline
• 8/6 Emotional Health
• 8/13 Technology
• 8/27 Looking Ahead
SUMMER READING CLUB
Don’t Monkey Around: Go Bananas for Reading
July 8 – August 19 (6 weeks)
More details to come!
A weekly gathering dedicated to inter-generational worship of the Lord Jesus. We are serious about sharing our lives around knowing, singing, and praying God’s Word.
YOU ARE INVITED | ALL ARE WELCOME
JUNE, JULY, AUGUST
Wednesdays | 6:00 PM | Fellowship Hall
May 27 – Business Meeting
June 3 – David Brown Missionary Report, PM
June 4 – WM Connect – Summer Lite
June 6 – Family Worship